商务职场口语41
发布时间:2019年01月30日
发布人:nanyuzi  

Workaholic

 

工作狂人

 

A: Shall I punch out for you, Tom? I’m leaving now.

 

A汤姆,用我帮你打下班卡吗?我现在要走了。

 

 

B: No, thanks. I’ve got to work overtime.

 

B不用了,谢谢。我得加班。

 

 

A: But today is Friday. You’re not going to work overtime on Friday evening, are you?

 

A可是今天是周五。你不是要在周五晚上加班吧?

 

 

B: Well, I am. I’ll have to finish this report for next Monday’s meeting... Is David coming to pick you up?

 

B嗯,是的。我得完成下周一开会要用的报告……戴维来接你吗?

 

 

ANo. We’ll meet at my house. He invited my family to spend the weekend with his family at their villa.

 

A他不来。我们在我家见。他邀请我的家人到他们家别墅和他的家人共度这个周末。

 

 

B: That’s nice. Where is his villa?

 

B那很好啊。他的别墅在哪里?

 

 

A: It’s not his villa, but his father’s. I think it’s somewhere in Florida. I’m not sure myself.

 

A不是他的别墅,是他父亲的。我想是在佛罗里达的某个地方。我自己不是很确定。

 

 

B: Sometimes I envy you a lot. David is a good guy.

 

B有时候我很羡慕你。戴维是个好人。

 

 

A: Come on. You just haven’t met the right person. And I think that you work too much. You should learn how to entertain yourself and enjoy life.

 

A别这么说。你只是还没遇到你的那一半。还有我觉得你工作得太多了。你应该学会怎样娱乐以及怎样享受生活。

 

 

B: I know, but I am a work maniac.

 

B我知道,可我是个工作狂。

 

 

A: Well, suit yourself! I’ve got to run now.

 

A好吧,你自己觉得合适就好!我必须得走了。

 

 

B: Have a nice weekend!

 

B周末愉快!

 

 

A: You too... Oh, I forgot to tell you one thing. A girl called this afternoon. She said she was your ex-girlfriend. She wanted you to call her back.

 

A你也是……哦,我忘了告诉你一件事。下午有个女孩打电话过来。她说是你的前女友。她想让你给她打回去。

 

 

B: Did she mention anything else?

 

B她提别的事情了吗?

 

 

A: No, nothing else... See you Monday.

 

A没有,没有别的了……周一见。

 

 

B: See you.

 

B再见。