The 18th Asia TEFL International Conference – Call for Papers
The Asia TEFL International Conference is the premier platform for English language teaching (ELT) practitioners, administrators, and researchers in Asia. At the conference, participants from Asia and all over the world convene to engage in dialogue on a wide range of topics on how to advance and impact the field of English teaching and learning. The conference offers opportunities to interact with people from all walks of ELT, learn about current trends, and contribute to this unique venue for the Asian ELT community.
The 18th AsiaTEFL International Conference’s theme is “Interweaving Theory and Practice in ELT in Asia: Creating New Prospects for the Future,” which stresses the importance of applying theory to the classroom. We welcome proposals on all aspects of ELT.
· Proposal submission: November 20, 2019 – January 15, 2020
· Notification of acceptance: March 1, 2020
· Early bird registration: March 1 – April 15, 2020
· Pre-registration: April 16 – May 31, 2020
· Onsite registration: June 25 – 27, 2020
· Conference dates: June 25 – 27, 2020
Proposals on the following topics are welcome:
1. Language planning and language policy
2. Methodologies and teaching approaches
3. Curriculum, syllabus design and materials design
4. Assessment and evaluation
5. Second language acquisition and literacy development
6. English for academic/specific purposes
7. Teacher education and professional development
8. Program management and leadership development
9. Digital literacies/language learning and technology
10. Intercultural communication and global competencies
11. Pluralingualism, translanguaging and multilingual education
12. World Englishes/English as a lingua franca
13. Identity and learner autonomy
14. Discourse/genre analysis
15. Creativity and critical literacies
16. Teaching younger learners
17. Other ELT related topics
· Paper (oral) presentation (30 minutes = 25 minutes + 5 minutes Q&A): An oral report of recent research, issues, or practices.
· Poster presentation (60 minutes): Poster must be presented on an A0-sized poster (approximately 841 x 1189 mm or 33.1 x 66.8 in) to be displayed in a provided area. Presenters must be present at a designated time and discuss their work with conference participants.
· Workshop (90 minutes): Hands-on session for professional development focusing on a specific teaching or research technique.
· Symposium (90 minutes): Session with a clear theme and multiple, short presentations on issues, practice or research. Presenters should be recruited prior to proposal submission.
· ReN symposium (60 minutes): Session for an Asia TEFL Research Network (ReN) to discuss a topic of interest. There can be as many as 3 speakers in each symposium.
Please note that the language of presentations is English.
· Email: email@example.com
· Website: www.asiatefl2020.org