Trying to Be an Agent
成为代理商
A: Do you know much about our company?
A:您对我们公司的了解多吗?
B: Yes, you’re quite well-known in the publishing world.
B:是的,贵公司在出版行业非常有名。
A: So you are familiar with our books, then?
A:那么,您一定熟悉我们出版的书籍喽?
B: Your list mainly includes educational books for English Language Teaching, but you have books on higher education.
B:贵公司的书目中主要包括英语语言教学类书籍,但也有涉及高等教育的书。
A: Have you had much experience with educational publishing before?
A:您之前在出版教育类书籍方面经验丰富吗?
B: To be honest, most of my experience is with publishers with a more general market. However, I think education is very important. I believe my son uses many of your books.
B:说实话,我的大多数工作是与更大众的读物市场的出版商合作。但是,我很看重教育领域。我想我儿子用的很多书都是贵公司出版的。
A: It’s very important to us that our agent understands the importance of education.
A:对我们而言,代理商能明白教育的价值是非常重要的。
B: Oh, I do. I can reassure you that I share the same ideals as your company.
B:噢,我确实很看重教育。我能向您保证,我与贵公司拥有同样的价值理念。
A: How do you feel about traveling?
A:您对出差有何看法?
B: In most of my previous jobs, I’ve had to travel quite a lot. To be honest, I quite enjoy traveling.
B:我以前的大多数工作都得经常出差。说实话,我很喜欢出差。
A: Well, it was great to meet you. Here’s my card.
A:嗯,非常高兴见到您。这是我的名片。